Wyoming, Bison Ranch and Oregon Trail


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cheyenne
May 13th 2016
Published: June 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We made it through the traffic by Denver and continued on to our next stop The Terry Bison Ranch RV Park. It is just over the Wyoming border and is a unique place to stay. It has a western theme and offers train rides out to see their herd of Bison and also the resident Camels. They also have a great place to eat called the Senator's Restaurant. We had lunch one day and dinner the next and it was great. We also found a great place for a piece of homemade pie at The Pie Lady in Cheyenne. We again had rain here so did not get out to do too much.

After two days we headed North to the really small town of Ft. Laramie. We went out to see the Oregon Trail ruts that are carved in the limestone where the wagon trains passed through this area. Also saw the Register Cliffs where many pioneers carved their names and the date they arrived in this area of the Oregon Trail. Then we went on to Fort Laramie. It was really interesting to see the ruins and the reconstructed buildings of the original fort that protected the people coming west over the Oregon Trail. The RV park we stayed in was an experience I hope we do not repeat. For two nights we had trains coming through town and blowing their horn all the way through town every two to three hours. More ran at night than during the day so we did nap some the second day. We were definitely ready to head on to Rapid City, South Dakota.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb