Tie Hack


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Buffalo
July 19th 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here on Tuesday to locate the campground of our dreams from 38 years ago.

As we ventured around the area, thinking it was definitely familiar, we came to find out the original campground we sought was under water as a result of the new reservoir.

Being the hikers we are, we discovered a wonderful area, trail 046. The arduous trail took us up a 1000 foot ascent, 2 mile destination to Shred lake. Along the way the forest was beautiful, we found a cow moose with her young grazing in a marsh. Totally picturesque.



Crazy Woman Canyon was today. The rock formations towered above as we inched along the single lane dirt road at the base. Another awe inspiring view of mother nature



Spent Thursday afternoon browsing through shops in Historic Downtown Buffalo. Had lunch at the very Historic Occidental Hotel, wow if walls could talk! After lunch we were stopped by the local police after Jack completed a U turn on Main Street because I had to go back and mail postcards to our granddaughter.... The officer was very nice and since we weren't from around these parts he gave us a warning.



We spent the afternoon relaxing and doing some walking around campground and reservoir. We just love watching the trout swimming around the waters edge, being that the water is so clear around here. It's still melting off the Bighorn mountain range.



Friday took us to Tensleep, Wyoming. You ask, where does that name come from? Well, there were two trading stations in the old west and this location was ten sleeps (nights) away from both. Population 450 peoples.... The canyon getting there was beautiful. We finished our stay in Buffalo, Wyoming with a delicious dinner at Southfork Lodge, up in the mountains, very quaint. Off to Minneapolis for Hauglie reunion tommorrow .


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb