Sail South - Planning Leg II


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

S Florida Circle


Rick and Wayne are about to depart on the second leg of our sailing adventure. We will leave Wisconsin March 2nd and head to Fairhope, Alabama to retrieve Amber Lee. We were told that Amber Lee made it through Tropical Storm Ida without any problems. Our plan is to trailer Amber Lee to Florida and circumnavigate South Florida. (See map) We will launch in the St. Lucie canal near Stuart, FL , go down the Inter-coastal Waterway to Miami and then down to the Florida Keys. After we spend some warm days (we hope) in the Keys we hope to have some nice weather to cross Florida Bay and sail up the west coast of Florida to Ft Myers. We can then take the Caloosahatchee River to Lake Okeechobee and then get back to where we started. It is about a 500 mile trip and should take us about 1 month. We should be back in Wisconsin for the BBYC Ice Breaker.

Stay tuned!

Advertisement



28th February 2010

Bon Voyage Guys!
Sounds like another fantastic adventure. Enjoy! We are off tomorrow on another catamaran trip. This time along the barrier reef of Belize. Crew is two other couples from my wife's relatives. Also plan to go inland to the village where we lived for 2+ years. Again. Have a great trip!
9th March 2010

I have done the canal, and much of that way.
Hi Wayne; I have sailed the ICW Canal from Port St. Lucie to Fort Meyers, and on up to Clearwater. The canal is 157 miles long. There is one bridge in Indian River, that opens to only 48 feet. WE were 49. It was an interesting endever. I have sust returned from southern Florida yesturday. Have fun, and keep in touch, Larry

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb