Milwaukee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our 'cosy' setting in Paul's studioOur 'cosy' setting in Paul's studioOur 'cosy' setting in Paul's studio

Thanks again Paul...bet your glad to have your own bed back now!! :)
So now we enter into a more relaxing side of our trip with a stop in Milwaukee to visit one of Jimmy's mates Paul from the 18th to the 28th April.

We flew into Chicago and caught a bus to Milwaukee to arrive in 4 degrees celcius weather to a bus stop at the Amtrak Station...which was undergoing renovations and so it was basically in the middle of nowhere!!

Paul picked us up from the station and we went to one of the local pubs in the area for a couple of beers before turning in for the night.

Want to say another huge thank you to Paul who put up with having Jimmy and me stay with him for 10 days in his studio apartment!! (See pic)

Milwaukee is on Lake Michigan...and that thing is huge...they may as well call it an ocean! It is really pretty down by the lake, and Paul only lived a couple of blocks walk away. We didn't exert ourselves too much in Milwaukee as we were pretty stuffed from our full on couple of weeks in California.

We went to the Miller Factory and went on a brewery tour...with 3 beer samples at the end. It was a backpackers dream day - a tour, and beer, all for FREE!!

We also went and visited Madison, a college town about an hour out of Milwaukee. Looked like a fun town to go to college in, with heaps of cool little boutique shops, bars and the University which is right on the lake. We've been told their football matches go off as well, but unfortunately we were there out of season.

Other than that...we visited Chicago for a couple of days (see Chicago entry) and then basically just went out for lots of beers at the many many many pubs in the area, and walked around the town centre a bit. After Milwuakee we also tagged along with Paul to a conference in Washington D.C and went on a 13hr road trip to get there (See Washington D.C entry).

On our last night, we went to a cook-your-own steak house called Prime Quarter. Was good fun and the boys cooked the steaks (I think they were actually entire cows!!!) over the big grill while I did the 'Texas Toast' and we all drank mega beers! They had a cut of steak called the beefeater which is 40 oz. (1.1kg) and if you ate that with a baked potato, some texas toast, and one trip to the salad bar, you got a medal and became part of the beefeater club!! Haha!! It is so something out of The Simpsons or something! 😊 Noone in our group tried it, but we saw it and that thing could feed a family for a week!

Advertisement



11th May 2007

fabuous pics keep em comin
hi james and loz,l am loving the blog so much fun and great to see your faces on all your excellent photos,great information i am so happy for you both having so many wonderful new experiences together.stay safe love ya mum c

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb