Madison, Wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
June 4th 2016
Published: June 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Madison and stayed in a nice RV park in the DeForest area. Once we were setup we went to Sun Prairie to meet up with Bonnie's friends, Deb and Annie at their church for Saturday night service in which Deb sings with the worship team. We went back to the RV as they needed to have an early night as Annie was competing in an Iron Man competition early the next morning.

Bonnie and I opted to sleep a little latter and meet up with them at their home after the race where we had a great lunch that we then topped off with a trip to the Sassy Cow for ice cream which was delicious. Also picked up some cheddar & blueberry cheese which was equally good. We then went down to Lake Monona to watch the free Mad City Water Ski Team performance. We got a great spot and had a great time watching the action and visiting. The amazing photos of the skiing are thanks to Annie who takes much better pictures than I do.

Bonnie and I took in the Olbrich Park Botanical Garden and Conservatory on Monday morning and then meet up with Deb for lunch and a trip to the zoo. It was really warm out so some of the animals where hiding, but we finally got to see the polar bears which Bonnie wanted to see. We returned to the trailer while Deb picked up Annie and they came out to see our trailer. They were impressed by the trailer and said they were ready to join us on our adventure.

We had a lazy morning the next day and then met Deb at the movie theatre, but it was sold out so we went to lunch, then Costco and back to the trailer. We were planning to go on a boat ride but the weather wasn't the best so we just invited them over to the trailer for dinner. We sure enjoyed our time in the Madison area especially our time spent with Deb and Annie. They were very gracious hosts and we really appreciated their input for things to take in during our stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb