Trip To Nepal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
October 4th 2014
Published: October 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Madison, WisconsinMadison, WisconsinMadison, Wisconsin

873 Feet Above Sea Level
Welcome to the Madison Nepal Group Blog.

Over the course of the next several weeks, this blog will document the trials and travails of eight (8) intrepid trekkers as they travel from Madison, Wisconsin to the top of the world ... a place called Goyko Ri, near Mount Everest in the Himalayas.

The trekkers include John Bodilly, Jim Levin, Matt Loch, Karen and Scott Lockard, Kris and Tim Nikolai and Jeff Femrite.

Parts of this group have traveled together before (on ski trips and hiking trips around the world) but this is the first trip for this particular group ... let's hope we don't kill each other.

The goal of this blog is to document the adventure for our friends at home, but to be perfectly honest we are not entirely sure this is going to work. Blogging from a "wi-fyed" pub in London is one thing ... blogging from the top of the Himalayas in another. We have promised wi-fi access, and based on that promise we are lugging a laptop along. We are hopeful that we will be able to blog with some frequency, but we may have to skip some days based available access
Goyko Ri, NepalGoyko Ri, NepalGoyko Ri, Nepal

15,575 Feet Above Sea Level
to the Internet. And it is not outside the realm of possibility that once we leave Kathmandu you will not hear from us until we return. I guess we will see.

For you readers ... these blogs are more fun when they are interactive, so if your reading this FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS.

Over the next couple of days, we will add entries just to make sure we are up and running.

The actual trip starts on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, with a 13.5 hour flight from Chicago to Doha, Qutar.

Your first assignment is to figure out where Doha is.

Feel free to spread the word about this blog. We would like as many readers as possible.

Advertisement



4th October 2014

I hope you have a wonderful adventure. Can't wait to read all about it!
5th October 2014

Travel safe - enjoy the moments
Jeff and crew . . . . travel safe and enjoy every moment. I thought about starting with a question for Jeff..."Are you nuts?" but I know better and, quite honestly, I already know the answer to the question. Be safe.
5th October 2014

Have a wonderful adventure
Hope the wi-fi works so we can follow you on this journey. And enjoy the "spa" that Scott told me was on top of the mountain, (he wouldn't lie about something like that would he?) We'll be thinking of you while sipping wine in Savannah and Charleston.
5th October 2014

Father of Kira Femrite
I believe Doha is the capitol of Qutar and lies on the eastern coast of the country on the Persian Gulf. I look forward to reading your comments of the journey. Our very best to everyone for a successful trip.
7th October 2014

Good Luck!
Have fun and please bring my big brother John back alive!
8th October 2014

happy trails!
This is Tim Nikolai's sister, Melissa. I am glad you are blogging as I did not have the chance to text/email/call to say have an amazing trip. This sounds like an experience of a life time and I am super excited for you all. Stay safe and I will be interested in more blogs when you can make it work. Melissa
9th October 2014

Great Idea
Thanks for taking the time and having the skills to get this off the ground for those of us who are still holding down the fort at home. If Jim needs some editing for his writing, let me know :-). I look forward to the entries.
9th October 2014

Lesson in Geography
Even though your journey has just begun, this Longhorn mom has already had a lesson in geography and noted that TX. A&M has a branch in Qatar!
10th October 2014

Nepal journey
Looking forward to hearing and learning about your trip. Wishing you an exciting safe journey!?✈️

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb