Door County and Green Bay, Wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Green Bay
June 27th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In the BayIn the BayIn the Bay

He doesn't care how cold the water is.
We left Chicago on Thursday and drove up Lake Michigan to Ephraim, Wisconsin in Door County. One of the highlights of the drive was going through Milwaukee...at least for Easton who is a Brewers fan! We stopped and bought some Brewers shirts for him there so he would have them to wear in Minneapolis when we went to the Twins/Brewers game on Sunday.

Ephraim is a tiny village in Door County on the shore of Green Bay. We stayed at the Ephraim Shores Motel which has a very nice restaurant on the second level. The people were as welcoming and friendly as could be. The motel has a fleet of bicycles that you can borrow to ride through the town. At first Evan and I explored on bike and then Brenda and I. Easton insisted on swimming in the bay and we reluctantly let him...though the water was freezing. He doesn't seem to mind this (a la last summer in San Diego). The others settled for the indoor pool!

Beautiful sunsets here as it's on the west shore of the peninsula. The shops in town are quaint and every Sunday night Ephraim has a community family sing-a-long at the
SunsetSunsetSunset

This was taken right outside the hotel across the road at the lake front.
town hall. How's that for something you don't see every day?

I drove down to Green Bay on Friday with Easton to visit Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. I can't tell you the depth of his admiration for the Packers except for this quote...as we walked into the door to Lambeau, Easton said "I'm home.". Excellent tour of the stadium and we dropped a few dollars at the Packers Pro Shop as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Ephraim Shores MotelEphraim Shores Motel
Ephraim Shores Motel

This is where we stayed in Ephraim.
Sunset IISunset II
Sunset II

Another sunset photo at the bay.
Ephraim Town HallEphraim Town Hall
Ephraim Town Hall

Quaint town hall in Ephraim.
LambeauLambeau
Lambeau

At the Vince Lombardi statue in front of Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
Hall of FameHall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At the Packer Hall of Fame.
At LambeauAt Lambeau
At Lambeau

Easton and I at Lambeau Field.
Green BayGreen Bay
Green Bay

The Packers are very much ingrained in the town. This is a road sign in Green Bay for Packerland Rd.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb