London, Rome, & Heart of Europe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » West Virginia
April 16th 2019
Published: April 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

703FDC1C-1D01-4568-A507-D8C468DBE968.703FDC1C-1D01-4568-A507-D8C468DBE968.703FDC1C-1D01-4568-A507-D8C468DBE968.

On the way to the airport
This trip officially started last night when we left for the airport. It was a comedy of errors! The meeting point was St. Marys and we were all late. After going through the final touches of what we needed to take or leave (purses, cords & cables, snacks, etc.) we were loaded and on our way...so we thought. I realized I forgot my folder with all our boarding passes, reservations, etc at home. God bless my Chrissy for running those down to Friendly for us. Next, Marsha couldn’t find her passport...another stop. Once we made it just above Clarington, OH, I realized I forgot our theater tickets!! Another call home and brother Jamie agreed to meet us at New Martinsville to bring the tickets and have dinner with us. At last we were on our way....again!! All was uneventful until we were getting ready for bed and I couldn’t find my camera....it was left in the truck when we were switching vehicles... in St. Marys, WV. Never fear, a quick trip to Wal Mart near the hotel and we are equipped with a camera and all needed supplies! This was all mixed in with the news of the fire at Notre Dame in Paris... a place we were going to visit on our trip! What a rough start to a trip....hopefully this means we’ve had all our mishaps at once and it’s smooth sailing until the end!! We are now in New York at JFK awaiting an overnight flight to London!! Can’t wait!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb