Sequim to Westport, WA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
September 8th 2013
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Beach 4Beach 4Beach 4

It was from this point we were able to use the tripod and zoom in to get a picture of Destruction Lighthouse on Destruction Island.
Our drive today took us through parts of the Olympic National Forest, a rain forest with massive trees and lush vegetation. Highway 101 follows the south side of picturesque Lake Crescent, mountain streams and the Pacific Coast. What a joy is was for me to see the open ocean with waves crashing onto the beach. We had several sightings of Destruction Island Lighthouse on Destruction Island, about 3 miles off the coast. Stopped for lunch at a place called Beach 4. Plenty of space for parking and a couple of trails down to the beach. It was here that I could capture my picture of Destruction Island.

After a nice lunch break we drove on down to Westport and got settled in our spot at a very nice RV part with pine trees, lots of space and quiet. Had a quick supper and made it down to the lighthouse and beach just as the sun was setting.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Beach 4Beach 4
Beach 4

Roots of tree look like great claws over the trunk of a fallen tree.
Beach 4 Beach 4
Beach 4

Rock layers have been turned sideways by the movement of the ocean.
Beach 4Beach 4
Beach 4

A picture of a picture!! Love the sound of the waves.
Beach 4Beach 4
Beach 4

Holes in these rocks (foreground) are made by clams with a rocking motion in the sandstone.
Beach 4Beach 4
Beach 4

Interesting bridge made from driftwood.
Greys Harbor LighthouseGreys Harbor Lighthouse
Greys Harbor Lighthouse

Originally built in 1898. at the entrance of Grays Harbor/Point Chehalis, Westport. This is still an active lighthouse managed by the U.S. Coast Guard .


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb