The Adventure Begins


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Yakima
March 3rd 2016
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We began our adventure on March 3rd when we left Yakima for the west side. We stayed in Gig Harbor RV Park as there weren't any good parks in Tacoma area. We spent the weekend having dinner with Tad, Holly and Ames, taking Mikey, Connor and Lexi out for dinner and celebrating Connor's birthday. The kids had a great time at Chuck e Cheese for the birthday celebration, but I think the adults were on a noise overload. We made a trip to see Heather at ERC in Bellevue before leaving Tacoma.

We left Tacoma on March 6th under a high wind warning to our first stop at Seaside. Setting up the trailer was exciting in lots of wind and rain. From Seaside we made a trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and the scenic drive to Cape Mearas. I also began my taste test of clam chowder at Norma's in Seaside which I continued all the way down highway 101. We spent 10 nights on the Oregon coast staying in South Beach, Reedsport, and Gold Coast. Had lots of wind and rain which made for some amazing waves crashing to the beach. The sun did make brief appearances which we really enjoyed. We visited the seals in Newport and then again in The Seal Caves.

We continued on highway 101 into California to Crescent City for 2 nights and then to Fortuna for two more nights. In California we visited the redwood forests and finally found some sun. We rode the tram at the Trees of Mystery and drove through the Redwood Forest. I determined after eating chowder at many restaurants that Norma's in Seaside definitely has the best chowder.

Our adventure will continue with our time spent with Gail and Bill for the next two weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb