Time with Gail & Bill


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Loomis
March 20th 2016
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The next two weeks we stayed with Gail and Bill in Loomis, California and made day trips around the area. We enjoyed visiting with Gail and Bill and their wonderful hospitality.

We explored Old Town Sacramento one day and enjoyed seeing all the interesting shops and sites. As I was walking around my phone rang and it was Katy Svendsen checking up on us. Another day we went to the Sacramento Zoo. We visited a unique town of Ferndale which has dozens of Victorian storefronts and homes.

Nevada City which was very interesting to see, but we weren't able to walk around as the streets were too steep for Bonnie with her bad knee so we drove on to Truckee and had a great lunch. On the drive we went over Donner Pass and visited the Donner Pass Monument center which was really interesting to go through. We took a side trip to Lake Tahoe which took us by the Olympic Village entrance to Squaw Valley.

Gail and I went to Golden Gate park to watch Dianne Lukenbill's horse run on a Saturday. We had a good visit and stopped at a great produce place on the way back.

Gail took us into San Francisco so I wouldn't have to drive my big truck in the city. We took a tour bus around the city so that Bonnie would not have to do too much walking with her knee. It was a beautiful day and we got to see a lot of the city. It was a two story bus and we sat on the top which was great except when we went across the Golden Gate bridge. We got blown away! We weren't prepared for it so we were struggling to get our coats on and our hoods up. We then went to the Cheesecake Factory and had dessert instead of dinner.

Bonnie and I went up to Sutter Creek to visit Gail's gallery, "Fine Eye" and had lunch with her. Stopped at a wonderful bakery on our way back to Loomis.

Our time with them was wonderful and then we headed onto Paso Robles which is a beautiful wine area on 101.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb