Touring Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 8th 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we picked up Eli and headed for Zach & Tara's apartment on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle. Went to the 5 Spot for lunch. We've tried to go there several times on weekends, but it's always too crowded. It's a fun little cafe that changes its theme regularly. It was noisy, but we had a nice lunch. Visited until Zach had to go to work, then we walked down to Kerry Park and took some photos of downtown and then walked to the end of the street so I could take some photos of the Olympic Mountains.

Headed to Ballard...took the wrong bridge and then had an adventure trying to get off Aurora Ave. Finally made it to Ballard, and stopped at the Locks. Wondered why, in 20 years of trying to find fun stuff to do with the kids in Seattle, we've never been there. There is a beautiful park, and the locks were interesting.

Then back through downtown to get to the Mariner's game...yikes...would have been faster walking!! Game was fun, but the M's lost to the Yankees...big surprise there...but they were ahead 1-0 until the 8th inning. Ended up losing 1-3.

Dropped Eli off on the way "home" to our prime location at the closed Albertson's 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Eli & GlennEli & Glenn
Eli & Glenn

Taking a break...
Chittendam LocksChittendam Locks
Chittendam Locks

Gate closing


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb