Day 8 Olympia to Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 15th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day started with a visit to the Washington capitol in Olympia. It was a traditional capitol with a Tiffany chandelier in the rotunda. The seal is a large relief of George Washington. From the capitol we went to Karpeles in Tacoma. There are 8 different locations and they specialize in original manuscripts. We just missed Einstein's original E=MC. The current exhibit was ancient maps including some of the original maps from the new world and original maps from the Ottoman Empire. Very interesting to see how they changed as empires expanded and more was learned about the new world. Then we walked across the street to a beautiful conservatory. Next stop was the Glass Factory. Beautiful works of art made from glass and glass masters actively making works of art. The bridge across the highway had more works of art on part of the ceiling and then on the side. very dramatic. We had a very good lunch next door at Woody's on the Water. While we were at Karpeles the curator suggested we avoid the traffic into Seattle and drive to Bremerton and take the ferry. It took about an hour and was very enjoyable and we disembarked in downtown Seattle. Our first night we stayed at the Rennasiance in downtown Seattle, a bargain from Priceline. After a dellicious meal at the original McCormicks, I had salmon and Rodney had trout, we were ready for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb