Addendum and photos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 26th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The road goes on foreverThe road goes on foreverThe road goes on forever

Maybe the Allman Brothers were right...the road does seem to go on forever. This photo is from Nevada and you can see about 5 miles in front of you.
Greetings once again to all!

We are currently in Texas having a wonderful time visiting with family and friends.

With the help of our good friend Mark, we are now hopefully able to post some of the photos of our trip across this great land.

The weather has been kind to us as we have encountered almost no rain while driving. Of course it is summer and it has been a little warmer in places than it normally is, but that is to be expected and certainly better than most alternatives.

Tomorrow we continue our journey west and will take in the magnificent Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico.

Hope this missive finds everyone doing well. A special “hello” to all in Seattle. It appears that the traditional summer weather has been absent most of the last month. We promise to bring fair weather upon our return.

Dave and Merry Jo



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Breakfast at Stuffy'sBreakfast at Stuffy's
Breakfast at Stuffy's

If you find yourself in Kelso, WA, you should stop in for Breakfast at this place, which calls eggs, "cackleberries." You absolutely will not leave hungry.
Covered bridge in OregonCovered bridge in Oregon
Covered bridge in Oregon

This covered bridge is very familiar to those back east. It has been nicely restored.
The VortexThe Vortex
The Vortex

This place is listed in Ripley's Believe or Not as objects seemingly defy the laws of gravity and move uphill instead of downhill.
The Chandelier TreeThe Chandelier Tree
The Chandelier Tree

A drive-through tree in Leggett, CA
Vineyard in Napa Valley, CaliforniaVineyard in Napa Valley, California
Vineyard in Napa Valley, California

This is the Gun Bun vineyard. There are so many new vineyards since our last visit.....
Toledo LighthouseToledo Lighthouse
Toledo Lighthouse

Just outside of Maumee Bay in Toledo Ohio on Lake Erie is this lighthouse.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb