Home to the Best Coffee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
June 13th 2005
Published: July 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ---Anne Frank


LINKS


Name


TRAVEL TIPS




Monday June 13, 2005. Used wifi at Centralia and headed to Seattle. Our first stop was REI. It was hard to locate this store, which is the Mecca of outdoor stores. The set up is two floors including 15 tents, set-up and ready to try out. REI is an outdoor co-op, with a very well trained helpful staff. Bob is on a quest to find the perfect hiking boot. He purchased a pair of low hiking boots; only time will tell if this pair gets the prize.
We located our campground, Lake Pleasant, in Bothell, WA. It was a nice, clean, quiet place. My cousins Ed and Dianne White live in Bothell. Ed picked us up and we went to dinner at his home. The crab cakes Dianne made were delicious. After a delightful meal, we had the opportunity to spend the evening reminiscing and catch up on current happenings.

June 14, Tuesday. After doing a few things in the AM, Ed picked us up with Christopher. This is Margaret Mary’s dog. He needed to go home. So we had an opportunity to talk with Margaret Mary briefly and
SalmonSalmonSalmon

This is as close as we got to catching a fish, this is at a salmon ladder in Seattle
pick up Dianne before heading into the city.
Bob finally found lenses for his new camera, so our first stop was to the camera shop at the mall. Then on we went with our personal tour guides, Dianne and Ed, to the city of Seattle. Our first stop was the Puget Sound where we watched the locks and dam system moving traffic on the waterway. It was fascinating. The park was called Herman Chittenden Locks and Carl English Gardens.
A first for me was, a “fish-ladder”. The salmon “run” here, and since the locks and dam hamper the return of the fish, a ladder-like waterway was created for the fish to swim up stream.
Lunch overlooking the sound was excellent, at Ray’s. Bob had some Czech beer he really enjoyed. On we went to the outdoor market place, and we watched fish flying! FIND NAME OF MARKET. We wondered around the stalls and enjoyed the sights.
Our final visit was a beautiful waterfall, called Snoqualmie Falls. We didn’t take the walk down to the bottom but we could see a solo kayaker heading out, alone.. That river looked mighty powerful. It was late in the afternoon, early evening - I don’t know how safe that was, but I hope whoever it was made it back safely.
It was a full, fun day, thank you Dianne and Ed!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb