Our Itinery


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
November 20th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heather and I have booked our flights for Central and South America we will be travelling for over 5 months. We hope that friends and family can find a way to join us along the way.

Guatemala will be our first stop and we will be taking Spanish classes in preparation for the rest of the trip.
Costa Rica in february is a good time of the year surf wise and we hope to get a good amount of surfing in.
Peru is a must stop. So many people we know have visited and we hope to use their experiences to better shape our plans.
Once we get to Santiago, Chile our itinery is open to travel through Chile, Argentina and Brazil from March 27th until we fly out of Buenos Aires on July 2nd.
Depending how cold it is in Patagonia that time of the year (late Autumn) we hope to spend 3 weeks in both Chile(April) and Argentina(May), and 4 weeks in Brazil.
Even though it's winter time in Brazil in June it's not as cold in the north and a good time to visit the Amazon.

2006

Dec 23rd - Seattle TO Los Angeles, CA
We will spend XMAS in Santa Monica, CA with Heather's family.

2007

Guatemala (2 weeks)
Jan 16th - Los Angeles, CA TO Guatemala City, Guatemala
Head to Flores and take Spanish lessons for a week and check out the ruins in the surrounding area.

Costa Rica (3 weeks)
Jan 30th - Guatemala City, Guatemala TO San Jose, Costa Rica
Surf in Tamarindo for a week then explore Costa Rica.

Peru (5 weeks)
Feb 20th - San Jose, Costa Rica TO Lima, Peru
The standard Peru stuff, with maybe a side trip into Boliva (La Paz).

Chile (3 weeks)
Mar 27th - Lima Peru TO Santiago, Chile
April - Will make our way from Santiago down to Patagonia, cross the Andes and into Argentina.

Argentina (3 weeks)
May - Will travel in Argentina to Iguazu falls then into Brazil.

Brazil (4 weeks)
June - Will travel around Brazil and into the Amazon and back to Buenos Aires.

Argentina (2 days)
July 2nd - Buenos Aires, Argentina TO Los Angeles, CA ( Peru to San Salvador to Los Angeles)

Arrive LAX July 3rd


Advertisement



27th December 2006

GOOD LUCK
You guys are going to have so much fun, the itinerary sounds fantastic. This time I am going to live vicariously through a blog ... am jealous.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.3kb