Everything is sweeter when you are relaxed


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tim: Everything is sweeter when you are relaxed, you taste the air you breathe, you hear the words clearly of the music you are listening too and conversations are easier to hold. Well that is how I feel today. We have been here for 3 nights and spent 3 days here in Seattle. I have not gone crazy on you so dont worry!

This place is just amazing, yeah tall buildings are all very well and nice enough to look at, I know that It must have taken a lot of effort to make them etc...but..nothing compares to what mother nature has created here..Sea..Sand..Sun..Surf and Snow capped mountains! It has been hot here as well, we must have had the temp in the 30's yesterday and in the high 20's today. I have not caught the sun at all, I have some very good sunscreen called coppertone of all things...must be desinged for gingers...yeah thats another thing gingers.. ill tell you about that another time.

We went out last night with one of the Scottish lads from the hostel called Frank. We hit one of the local bars and met some of the locals who were more than happy to buy us beer...because they could not understand a word we said....why not, thanks. We all speak English however it is spoken very differently here. Americans tend to take things very literally and dont use alot of slang like we? I? tend to. Anyhow we played pool with the locals and a jolly good time was had by all, old chipper. Seattlians if thats what they are called..are very friendly, chatty and helpful unlike 'some' Londoners.

We are heading up to Vancouver tommorow for 5 nights and then back down here to pick up our car from Seattle. I am sure that Vancouver will be just as good as Seattle. Well enough of my random rambles. Hope you are all ok and send us some messages just to let us know we are missed 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb