14 Hour Trip - But my god it was worth it


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tim: We awoke today at 7am for our 14 hour trip from Chicago to Seattle. We booked with US Airways, now we could have paid lots of money for a 4 hour direct flight but your talking $800 each, we paid $400 for both of us to get here so thats 100 quid each to cover many thousand miles.

The first flight was slightly spoiled by a drunken redneck idiot who was sat in the row behind us, he had opinions on all sorts and was going to make sure that the whole aircraft knew about it. He eventually run out of gas and shut up. Short lay over in Phoenix in Arizona. WoW! Middle of the desert big red rocks all over the place, on the plane this changed from desert to desert with snow capped peaks and then onto snow capped peaks with water and into lakes with water, what a ride.

We have now arrived in Seattle. It is really great to be out of the big cities and intoa bit of wilderness. We have booked into a hostel in the up town area quite far out of the main town but as the yanks would say "I gotta tell ya!" the views from this place are awesome and if we could just upload photos of the view, you would be green with envy.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb