Seattle,WA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle » Pioneer Square
January 30th 2017
Published: January 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Justin's Christmas present this year was a trip to Seattle! We had always dreamed of visiting this rainy town. Justin and I are madly in love with rain! We arrived in Seattle at about 3pm and went to our hotel. The Red Lion in Renton. This is a nicely priced hotel about 16 miles from the city. It was an easy drive. We had a rental car so we did have to pay for parking everywhere. I would not recommend this. It would be cheaper to Uber everywhere. I booked the rental car because it was going to be just $83.00 after taxes. I thought it would be nice to have our own transportation incase we wanted to try to head to mount rainier. Big mistake. When we arrived to the rental car place I expected to pay a little more then the 83.00 once I added insurance and refilled the gas before dropping it off but what they don't mention is the $200.00 deposited they take!!!!! Ugh of course they give it back when you return the car but it can take up to 10 days for your account to show it. So it took a strong poker face to sign the contract releasing $391.00.... so much for an $83.99 rental car!!!!! We ended up paying a minimum of $12.00 everywhere we parked. In total spent about 100.00 on parking. Next time we will use the hotel shuttle and Uber! I will say it was nice to have the freedom of going anywhere we wanted and not needing to wait on anyone. We spent the first day at the public market. People watching and looking in the shops. We visited some of the breweries like old stove brewery and The Pike brewery. So yummy! We returned back to our hotel. And easy drive from the city. The next morning we went to pioneer square for a breakfast at Biscuit Bitch and a stroll through that part of town. We walked over to the Ferry port and hopped on the 10:30 ferry to Bremerton. It takes an hour to get to the island. When we arrived there we jumped back into line to get on the same Ferry heading back to Seattle. On the way back we went to the galley where they sell snacks and alcohol, the seating is cozy and you can see the water and the hills of houses and trees. We loved this trip! We went back to the market place and explored the other breweries like cloudburst and pyramid. We ate an early dinner at pyramid! Great food! Yummy beer! I love the apricot beer! Went back to the hotel and fell asleep early! Walking is exhausting haha. The next morning we turned on the news to find protesting against trump at the SeaTac airport. So we went back to the crumpet shop for breakfast and coffee then headed to the airport early just incase. We stopped on the way to visit the Fremont troll and arrived at the airport at about 11am. We swooped on a beautiful bar spot at the seafood restaurant by the large viewing window. We had mimosas and other cocktails! We tried the fried oysters and shared an order of fish and chips. We sat here until about 2pm and got ready to board our plane at 2:20. We had no problems at the airport and really enjoyed our time in Seattle! We will be back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb