Day 14 - Ocean Park, WA


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sara has already gone to pick up Blaze and bring him to the house before I got up. The parade is just a few blocks down the street. There was a misty rain starting but not enough to stop anything. Her friend, Rachael, came over with her horse, Mitzy, to get ready for the parade also. Sara bathed Blaze and braided his tail. They put flowers and ribbons in his tail and mane and painted his hooves.

George and I left at 12 to get a good place to put our chairs and watch the parade. Being a small town, this was not a big parade. Mostly locals and their kids and such but it was still fun. The horses were last of course in the parade and Sara really stood out. She had Blaze rearing up and hopping around very spirited. Took some great pictures. Sara looked so pretty in her red, white and blue outfit and the flowers in her hair to match the ones in Blaze's mane and tail. We all walked back to her house after that.

One of Sara's clients invited us to a barbeque before we were to go to the beach for fireworks. We made a layered salad to take and headed to Oysterville around 6. Great party, bottles of wine and champagne, grilled oysters and flank steak and oodles of salads and desserts. They couple live in a house that is actually two combined which they are restoring. It looked great now. Sara showed off the work she had done in their yard.

After we left there, we headed to the house to bundle up for the beach. We rode with Sara and Paulie to meet some friends of Sara's who were already at the beach. After dark, hundreds of people were shooting off fireworks at the same time. It was awesome. There were bonfires everywhere. George and stayed around for a couple of hourse after shooting off our fireworks then decided to walk back to the house since we had to get up early in the morning to take the trike in for it's 10k service in Portland.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Sara waving at the crowdSara waving at the crowd
Sara waving at the crowd

She was in heaven
Sara and BlazeSara and Blaze
Sara and Blaze

Ride 'em cowgirl!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb