Alasa Bound -day 2


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 2
On a grandkids trip it is sometimes best to make a decision against kids wishes and so we came to our adventure.

We were entering Washington and I wanted Elias and Christabel to see MT. St. Helens. The kids, on the other hand did not want to stop.

We decided to drop the 5th wheel at the visitors center in order to force kids up front to see the sites. We all piled into the truck and went on our way.

As we drove the kids were so impressed with the beauty that they started shooting photos from the truck windows. Then as we reached the area destroyed by the eruption they were amazed to see the trees down and barren ground from the blast.

Sunny really wanted the kids to see the movie of the eruption showing at the visitors center so we did. The movie is quite dramatic showing the eruption, blast with trees snapping and flying, and subsequent mud flows.

After the movie we were looking at the exhibits in the center. Sunny and Christabel were at a display on earthquakes and hoping that they would see some movement. Christabel started to walk away when the needle moved and Sunny called her back then the needle moved again. It moved again and again and the girls got so excited. Then they looked up and saw the sign on making your own earthquake.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb