Leaving California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
June 6th 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 2.
After all of the crazy stuff we finally drove away at 7:30a.m. Having packed all night I was glad that Dale was driving. Kids were sleeping in the RV so we just let them sleep. The great thing about a 5th wheel is that kids can ride in the back with radio contact so each kid has their own walkie talkie and we have ours.

Since we got a late start we decided to meet up with Clayton and Jen in Petaluma. We stopped at a rest stop but were in a hurry to get back on the road. As we were driving Sunny radioed that the rv keys were in the door and banging. I could see them in the mirror. We stopped as quickly as we could but the keys had fallen out. Yikes our only full set of RV keys too.

As we got into the city Christabel announced that she had no shoes. Fortunately a shoe store was near the restaurant so we picked up both shoes and socks.

After Petaluma the next stop was Arcata to meet up with Sumny's dad, our middle boy. He had the affidavit giving us the authorization to take her out of the country. We thought it would be fun to see the two little kids too. Since we don't take small grandkids on these trips we see them when we can.

We met at a Chinese buffet then spent the time to straighten out the RV. There under piles of stuff we found the lost shoes, not just one pair but two pairs that Christabel's mom had sent.

The California Oregon border couldn't come soon enough.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb