Bret's Additions


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Mt Rainier
August 31st 2005
Published: August 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's time for the double post! I'll keep it super short since Melissa has already posted a lengthy blog detailing our adventures and misadventures over the past couple of weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Long Way DownLong Way Down
Long Way Down

Melissa on the easier part of the Class 3 scramble to Pinnacle Peak. I got sketched in a steep and exposed gully with several hundred feet of air below us but Mo pulled us through. It probably isn't a good idea to do Class 3 stuff while wearing a chest pack and a full pack, including tripod. Duh! That's Mt. St. Helens waaaaaay in the background.
WonderlandWonderland
Wonderland

We hiked a short stretch of the Wonderland Trail on the Sunrise side of Mt. Rainier. We climbed the ridge in the distance and scrambled along it's rocky top to achieve another trail that took us back to the trailhead. Long day!
This One's For You, Shawn!This One's For You, Shawn!
This One's For You, Shawn!

Actually, it's for Christine. This is Christine Falls in Mt. Rainier. Our first day there was filled with fog and clouds, which made for some incredible photography.
Tipsoo LakeTipsoo Lake
Tipsoo Lake

An early morning view of The Mountain from Tipsoo Lake.
The BluesThe Blues
The Blues

No, this isn't Velvia magic. The water at Crater Lake is in fact this stunning blue. The lake is so deep (over 1,900') that it absorbs all colors of the spectrum but blue, which is why the water appears such a color. This is the Phantom Ship, a tiny island near the shore of the lake.
Oregon CoastOregon Coast
Oregon Coast

Seal Rocks along the Oregon Coast. We saw a few seals swimming in the water but didn't get to see any basking in the sun here. That sight came later at a more southerly location.
Oregon Coast, Part DeuxOregon Coast, Part Deux
Oregon Coast, Part Deux

Shortly before the Seal Rock photo, with the camera pointed in a different direction. It was amazing to watch the colors change from almost over the top vibrant to wonderful pastel hues.


1st September 2005

wow
just wow
8th September 2005

These pics are awesome!
13th September 2005

Fantastic photos! Of course, I'm partial to the Christine falls picture.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb