Ilwaco Harbor


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Long Beach
September 23rd 2017
Published: September 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

blog 09-23-17 ILwaco Harbor

We slept in this morning til after 8 am, guess we were tired from yesterday.

After breakfast we loaded the boys in the car and took them to Ilwaco Harbor where there were big doings going on. Every Saturday they have market day and there are fresh fruit and vegetable stands along with crafters that make all kinds of things from recycled glass products to knitted hats to soaps and most things in between, to hot dogs, burgers and several regular restaurants with tables outside.

But this Saturday was special because there were 2 tall ships in the harbor. Both are from the north western area and come as a tourist attraction and to get money to support themselves. Both ships have appeared in movies like Pirates of the Carribean and Once Upon a Time. We only saw them tied to the docks but the rigging is amazing, makes you wonder how they know what to do with all those ropes. They were scheduled to go out into the harbor and have mock battle but it was time for us to leave, both us and the dogs had enough fun.

You could pay for a seat on the boat during the battle from $49 to $79 dollars or book passage from Ilwaco to Oakland for a 5 to 8 day sail for $780. Not a bad deal for a once in a lifetime trip.

What was left of the afternoon was spent just relaxing, we really enjoyed that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb