Washington (State)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Kirkland
April 23rd 2011
Published: April 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe we are in the farthest northwest state in the continental USA! Here, in a suburb of Seattle, we spent a 4-day Easter weekend with a family of friends who had lived in Beijing for several years. The kids had a blast being with other kids and renewing friendships. Our younger kids taught them how to play “Pablo” while our oldest had lots of laughs with their oldest who shares a mutual sense of witty humor. We also enjoyed reconnecting and being with people who know the struggles and joys of life abroad and being “Third Culture.” We loved sharing in their interests as they took us out for 2 days of field trips to the Boeing Museum of Flight, and the Seattle Science Museum. We also watched some of their kids' creative home-videos and listened to worship songs they've written. Our friends had prepared Easter eggs to dye, gifts, and great meals. To top it off we were able to join them at their Church for an awesome time of worship to our Resurrected Savior!

After our fun-filled weekend we said good-bye to our friends in Seattle and drove to Spokane (pronounced “spoke-ann” as I soon found out) and stayed the night with the parents of our Oregon friends. This sweet couple was so gracious to welcome us and it was great to get to know them. The kids enjoyed playing with their toys, their cat, and being loved on in a way only grandparents can do! The next morning we found out that this grandma is also a fabulous cook, so after a full breakfast we were back on the road again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb