Day 1 - West Kelowna BC to Kennewick WA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Kennewick
June 27th 2010
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Getting Ready To LeaveGetting Ready To LeaveGetting Ready To Leave

Scoutie is depressed that we are leaving.
KMS: 586
Temp: Sunny and hot!

Soo....here we are in Kennewick WA. Had the usual fun time finding a suitable hotel but more on that later. We started off at about 10am and promptly became stuck in a long line of traffic heading south on Hwy 97 due to construction at Summerland. We were right above North Okanagan Park - where James is camping. When I texted him to say we were right above him, he answered "really." Hmm...not too interested to run up to the highway to see him mom and dad off. We sat in the line up for about 30 minutes. Once it started moving we pulled the obnoxious biker move of riding the shoulder to the front of the line then off we go!

Next stop was the border crossing.... Rusty went first and charmed the border agent so much so that when I went through he glanced at my passport and waved me through. That is the first time that has EVER happened (Rusty charming a border agent I mean).

We made it to Tonasket/Omak for lunch and stopped at Shannon's cafe for a quick sandwich and then on the way again. Just
Take Me With You!!!Take Me With You!!!Take Me With You!!!

Mr. Digs wants to ride in the saddle bag!
outside of Brewster, I ran out of gas. Thank God for the reserved tank! Filled up at Brewster then rambled along the shore of the lake. A really interesting place is Rock City, just outside of East Wenatchee - little town with a BIG dam. It was turned on full blast.

Stopped in Moses Lake, then onto Pasco, which must be like riding across the Prairies - a straight line for miles and miles. Finally, at 7:30pm we make it to Kennewick - the hunt for the motel room starts. After a couple of attempts finally found one at the Days Inn that has the Rusty/Sue criteria fulfilled. Rusty: parking right out front the motel room door. Sue: Clean and no mold.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Loaded Up And Ready To Go!Loaded Up And Ready To Go!
Loaded Up And Ready To Go!

10am hitting the road!
Hwy 97 S ConstructionHwy 97 S Construction
Hwy 97 S Construction

Looking over the bank to North Park - where James is camping!
Hwy 97S ConstructionHwy 97S Construction
Hwy 97S Construction

Didn't get too far... about a 30 minute wait.
Omak WAOmak WA
Omak WA

Shannon's Place - great sandwiches....
Rock City Hydro ParkRock City Hydro Park
Rock City Hydro Park

Grampa Rusty checks out the map.
Rock City Hydro ParkRock City Hydro Park
Rock City Hydro Park

Relaxing in the shade. Excuse the biker cleavage!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb