Treehouse Point


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Issaquah
April 21st 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Treehouse Point is located at 6922 Preston-Fall City Road S.E., Issaquah, Washington 98027. Pete Nelson began building treehouses in 1997. Today his talent takes him around the world to China, Bali, Okinawa, Georgia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, California, and Oregon. Treehouses in his home state of Washington are located in Seattle, Tacoma, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, and Yelm. Most of Nelson's treehouses are built at the request of wealthy sponsors at a cost of $150,000 - $180,000.

At Treehouse Point in Issaquah, Nelson has a lodge and two treehouses that will develop into ten custom-made structures. Guests walk over a suspension bridge to reach Temple of the Blue Moon Treehouse. It is a rustic red-cedar exterior that contains yellow-cedar window frames and a walnut floor. A queen-size bed rests on a frame of salvaged redwood. There's an incinerator and toilet inside. A deck overlooks the Raging River below.

The second structure, Trillium Treehouse, is made out of western red cedar. A hand-carved, winding staircase makes access easy. Multiple windows open up the view of trillium flowers, a graceful pond, and deer feeding on foilage below.

Nelson's wife Judy excells as an interior decorator and as a talented chef in the lodge kitchen. Her seasonal meals are a delight to the eye and the palate. You can satisfy your desire to stay in a treehouse at any age when you visit Treehouse Point! -- Shirley Ruble


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



3rd May 2009

Thank you Shirley
Wonderful, whimsical tree houses...thank you for sharing your visit to this local treasure with all of us. --Sherri
23rd August 2010
Bed on salvaged redwood

Does anyone know where I can purchase the bedding & decorative pillows in this photo? Thanks.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb