25 Days Until Departure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Everett
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we've got nearly 4 weeks until we leave, but we're busily incorporating travel preparations into our daily routine. It's been a while since we've taken a real vacation. The last one was a road trip from Seattle to L.A. for Christmas in 2003 that was extended by a day when snow closures in the Siskiyou Mountains stopped our return journey in Redding, California.

I made one brief trip to L.A. in 2004, but our family travel since that Christmas trip has been limited to weekend and holiday trips to see family and friends in Washington and Oregon.

A lot has changed since that Christmas trip. We've bought and sold one house and bought a condo. We've both changed jobs and churches. My parents moved from L.A. to Lynnwood, Washington. And, most importantly (and joyfully), our traveling party has grown from 2 to 3 with the birth of our son in April of 2006. He's our pride and joy, and I can't wait to introduce him to the friends that are the closest I have to siblings.

So what is this trip on which we're embarking?

Well, on October 4, we'll be boarding Amtrak's Coast Starlight in Seattle and traveling to Los Angeles. Our week in L.A. will kick off with the Saturday wedding of one of my high school friends followed by a Sunday barbecue with my friends. The rest of the week will be spent visiting family and friends and L.A. area attractions before boarding the Coast Starlight for the trip back to Seattle.

There are many activities that we are looking forward to, including pony rides in Griffith Park, The Aquarium of the Pacific. We will also take Harry to the beach where his father and grandfather spent may a summer day playing in the surf.

More to come later.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb