Here and There


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Bellingham
August 28th 2009
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I think Fireworks are a good symbol for this summer. We’ve been busy to say the least. Just before our big move we enjoyed a good vista of the fireworks over the bay.

On the 10th of July we closed on our house. When, in May, Natalie insisted that we would be purchasing a house by July I would have told you she was nuts. July was the deadline so that she wouldn’t be moving in the heat during her ninth month of pregnancy. We met our deadline just before the summer heat wave hit. Our first weeks at the house were sweltering.
For the big move we had a moving party and 10 or so of our friends showed up and got us moved in less than four hours. Fireworks indeed! We then fired up the grill and enjoyed the monster tailgate of the moving truck. We also broke out the champagne and cracked a couple small kegs of our trimester brew. The Maize ale turned out to be light, smooth and slightly fruity, perfect for the summer. The Apple Abbey ale was heavier in body, alcohol and flavor. It was great!

This summer we have nothing but gratitude to shout out. Our friends helped us move and saved us some anguish I think. Just a few days after we moved and had yet to unpack, Natalie’s parents arrived and helped us get a fence up for the doggies, once again, saving us some anguish. Also, a little gratitude is due for our soon to be born child who has treated Natalie well through this entire pregnancy. She has been healthy and happy, currently she’s more tired and her feet hurt but she’s still maintaining her health and activity levels and is all but ready for a delivery that is sure to be as wonderful as this pregnancy.

We’re still getting our house sorted out and have plenty of organizing to do but Natalie has the baby room all set up. Priorities eh, fence and baby room were the first orders of business. In the meantime we’ve just been trying to get out as much as possible. I’ll let the pictures tell those stories.

The Baby’s Due Sept. 10 so the next thing we post will probably be about a wee one in swaddling!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Green Giant ButtressGreen Giant Buttress
Green Giant Buttress

I finished this day with a helicopter ride due to a non-climbing related accident. My friend broke his tailbone playing in the creek.
Skookumchuck NarrowsSkookumchuck Narrows
Skookumchuck Narrows

The far end of the Sunshine Coast in B.C. These narrows get lively at tide change.
Howe SoundHowe Sound
Howe Sound

Looking up Howe Sound toward Mt. Garibaldi
Just me and my Shadow!Just me and my Shadow!
Just me and my Shadow!

...and a baby???
Mother BlessingsMother Blessings
Mother Blessings

a.k.a. baby shower or Mothering the Mother
Mt. RainierMt. Rainier
Mt. Rainier

as seen returning from the San Juan islands.
Olympic Peninsula Olympic Peninsula
Olympic Peninsula

from Mt. Erie in Anacortes.


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb