Fun in Florence, Italy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
February 15th 2014
Published: February 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mike and I will be leaving for Florence, Italy on February 20th for 6 weeks. We have been invited to work with other retirees in a program called Avanti Italia, www.avantiitalia.org. We will be part of one of 3 groups that will be practicing conversational English with Italian students who desire to improve their skills. The hope is that we will be able to engage the students in some meaningful conversations about the kingdom and there will interest in using the Bible as a resourse to practice reading in English. The program is more then 20 years old and sponsored by the College Church of Christ in Searcy, AR.

We will be doing some traveling as well. We don't know what to expect but we have found that in our retirement years when somebody says go and we just go. So far it has been one blessing on top of another.

We invite you to travel along with us on this journey. We also will appriciate any prayers on our behalf as well as the other people who will be participating in this wonderful ministry.

Blessings, Ann

Advertisement



17th February 2014

Good Travels
This is exciting. Prayers and hopes are sent your way. I'm glad that you will be giving us a taste of the trip. This should be fun. Lots of pictures, please.
21st February 2014

Bon Voyage, Mike and Ann.
Best wishes for a successful and enjoyable trip. We will miss you but will be looking forward to your blog and photos. Taylor

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb