Day 19 - Log Splitting, Massie Gap and Smyth County Jam


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
August 3rd 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Log splittingLog splittingLog splitting

Tim and Steve came up with their log splitting machine. It was amazingly fast and saved a lot of time.
Today is Monday 3rd August

This morning we did log splitting with Tim (Debbie's Husband) and Steve. They're both from Michigan, but now live in Virginia. They were using their log splitting machine, which made it a lot quicker, but it was still a long process, because Jackson had a lot of logs!

I escaped half way and went with Martha to see the wild ponies in Massie Gap, also in the Grayson Highlands park. It was a wonderful day for walking and the ponies were very tame and we got a pat a baby one.

I cooked the guys up some lunch back at Jackson's place and after that Jackson and I drove to the Smyth County Jam in Chilhowie, about an hour's drive away. It was a great Jam, similary to the Annandale Bluegrass nights we have in Sydney. They had a stage performance as well as jamming out the back. Met some great folks and nice pickers.

I think Martha had to do a dance workshop somewhere else, so she couldn't come with us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Even bigger logEven bigger log
Even bigger log

Goes through like butter
Broken fencesBroken fences
Broken fences

I'm not sure if the ponies did this


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.2mb