Episode 3: Starwars Jedi Council Meet In Virginia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
August 15th 2005
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Route To Mikes House

Damn it was a Long Trip

Well what a great weekend.... here are how the events unfolded:

On Thursday at 3:30pm we set of in the Red Ford on a 600 Mile drive to Virginia to meet up with Doc (Mike) and the boys. We drove through 3 different States and paid 2.50 in toll money! what a pain in the ass. With Steve at the wheel (he didnt want me to drive on the wrong side of the raod) we set off on our 9 hour drive of hell.

We drove about 2 hours to the Kentucky boarder we we headed in to West Virginia, the place of 900 country radio stations and the most amount of mountains ive seen on a Highway. Ahh the Serenity, the mountains were amazing to look at (pics will be posted) West Virginia was about a 2.5 hour drive to the other boarder where we stopped in to Lexington for Some Gas and some Hardies, man nothing goes down better than a 1/2 Pounder grease burger. We tryed not to stop because we wanted the trip to be as short as possible. When we finally got to Virginia at about 10pm things started to get crazy, the windscreen was so freaking dirty we couldnt see shit and with no water in the car Steve though it would be a good idea to throw a cup of ice on the window and 120 km an hour, result of cleaning exercise was a failure. So after almost crashing into every construction site we decided to stop and clean it and find out where the hell we are. We found out we were almost there (12 20am) so we called Mike and he met us at the Super WallMart...thats right Super!! its even bigger. So we did someshopping and followed mike back to his house and met the gang (Ice had already arrived) where we finally got to bed at 3am, man what a day and we only had just arrvied.

More of the SWG Gathering soon...



Advertisement



15th August 2005

Good to hear you made it mate!! Watch out for steve... he can be a crazy driver!!
15th August 2005

Watch the burgers!
Tony, a bit of advice watch the burgers, coke and the fries. Start walking through the 'drive throughs' love Mum!!!
15th August 2005

BB05
Tony, just to let you know if you don't already. Timmy did not win Big Brother. Logan Greg did! They where the last two!
16th August 2005

Wise man once say; Nerds will inherit the earth... Have a good time with the guys Tony, im sure you guys will have a blast
16th August 2005

Keep having fun
Hi Tony Glad to hear you are having a great time, it all sounds amazing. Thanks for keeping us up with the info. Cheers Annie and the Perth crew
16th August 2005

We survived!!!!
We made it baby!!! Time to buy better windshield wipers!!!! Had a fantastic time! Thanks to everyone who came!!!
17th August 2005

Sound like you are having a GOOD TIME
Hi Tony, Your emails are great. Good to see you are having a BLAST. Just come back from holidays and it feels like I havent been away. Nothing has changed.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb