Trip to MobjackBay and Yorktown


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Yorktown
June 4th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have been docked in Hampton since I got back to Salt Ponds. I went to Richmond for a week to build my daughter a deck for her new house. It almost killed me. I think that is the last deck I have in me. It took eight days and 135 trips to Lowes and Home Depot. I could not move for two weeks without pain.

I have slipped back into Keys Disease. Very lazy. Good thing is that the less I do the less I spend which means more time for my mini retirement .

I went to see some friends in NJ last week so I could not help stopping by Atlantic City since I was so close. I got a room for last Tuesday. They did not have a regular room so I got a suite with a sitting area overlooking the ocean. Didn't get there until about nine at night so I took a nap and went to the casino about eleven and won $300 at the craps table. That paid for my trip for three days. I still have a few bucks left to spend. Got to love Atlantic City.

My brother and nephew came to the boat on Monday and we headed up to Mobjack Bay and anchored in the East River. We wanted to go to tangier Island but there was no wind and we had run the boat so much coming up the ICW we only wanted to sail. Next day though the wind was whipping up to 30 knots and not in a good direction so we motored over to Yorktown and tied up at the public dock at Rivers Walk and went to the battlefield to get a little hike in. Then we headed across the river to Sarah's Creek and anchored for the night. There is a nice restaurant at the marina so we dinghied over and had a great meal. I was glad to hear the motor start up on the second pull since it had not been run since Oriental, NC. Going back to the boat I tried a fancy manuver and ended up under the dock amongst the spider webs and barnicles. Got back to the boat just in time to close up for a rain storm. Had light winds for most of the day going back to Salt Ponds but nice and sunny. Ended up with no wind so Michael and I took a little refreshing dip in the Chesapeake Bay.

It is very hot here today. I may need to go back to the Keys where it is cooler. Probably should go now before the oil slick passes through in a few weeks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb