How to cruise your way to Machu Picchu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Virginia Beach
February 20th 2011
Published: February 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Machu Picchu sunsetMachu Picchu sunsetMachu Picchu sunset

Visitors can wander the Machu Picchu ruins until the park closes at sunset.
Just how many people go on a cruise every year? Even if you have never done it yourself, I be you know someone who has.

Apparently, we love our cruises! With an earth that is made up of roughly 80%!w(MISSING)ater, we can access any continent on the planet in the comfort of our floating bedroom.

People who cruise to South America often want to see some of the big sights and Machu Picchu is one of the most popular. Built by the ancient Incans, Machu Picchu is a world heritage site and important historical destination. But honestly, even if you know nothing about it, it will blow your mind. High in the Andes Mountains, just getting there is like no other destination on the planet. To see the Roman Coliseum, Stonehenge or the Great Wall, you only need to arrange a single mode of transportation and you are there.

To visit Machu Picchu requires flights, trains, hotels & buses. It’s a bit more complicated than other places, but with help from a tour operator like it is easier & more affordable than you think. And if you’re near South America on a cruise? That is all the more reason.

Travelers can book their own one way flights between the US & Lima, Peru and then between Lima & Cusco, depending on the destination and ports your cruise is visiting.

There are 3 “gateway” cities to get to Machu Picchu. Lima, Peru is the first stage, where you start with a short 1 hour flight to the next stage, Cusco, Peru. This is the place to access ground transportation to Aguas Calientes, where you take the final leg of the journey by bus, or even foot, for those who can.

You can schedule the excursion to Machu Picchu before or after your cruise. The tour operator will take care of the rest. We will meet you at the airport or the port docks, arrange all your hotels, land transportation, entry tickets, train tickets and stops at other sights along the way. You will be escorted by a knowledgeable, English-speaking, local guide. The possibilities are endless. How about a picnic? Or a stop at the indigenous market in Pisac?

This is the perfect vacation for wedding parties, honeymooners, photography clubs and educational tours.

The next time you’re dreaming about your cruise, don’t be surprised if visions of Machu Picchu pop in to your head.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb