Virginia


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Denver - Virgina Beach


This was the longest journey of the whole trip easily. We traveled from Denver all the way through Kansas (very dull) and Missouri (dullish) Kentucky (good) and West Virginia (lovely) until we got to Virginia Beach.

We decided on this location as we wanted a beach location that was drivable to New York. Virginia beach is a classic tourist hot spot some places a bit tacky but the beach was great and surrounding areas really lovely. What was a surprise is that I did not know that this area is one of the biggest American Air Forces facilities in the world. When you are on the beach you have fighter jets flying over the top - they are very loud and sometime quite annoying so be warned.

We stayed for two nights and had a couple of good nights out even though the bars shut early (about 11pm). The beach was great fun with some good waves and the sun was shining so life was bliss after a very long hard drive.

A day trip up to Williamsburg - an old historical town with people reenacting the era - was fun and insightful into how people four centuries ago lived.

Virginia is a beautiful state and the people there are very nice which is quite a change compared to the brash New York lifestyle I have become use to.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb