Luray caverns


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Luray
November 27th 2003
Published: July 2nd 2020
Edit Blog Post

This trip was to bring my in laws from Quebec Canada, to Florida, before winter.

Many people do this trip in one long shot, (28-30 hours of drive....) or two. This is not my style. I planned the trip so that we could stop along the way at interesting places.

First stop was Luray caverns in Virginia.

IF you never visited a cavern before , then you miss on something!! It's like entering into a brand new and fascinating world!! Luray cavern are full of stalagmites, stalactites and other structures.

Very important thing when you visit a cave and if you want to take good pictures, is a proper lighting. If light is not sufficient, you might need to bring your own, and even with this, cave must not be too big, or light won't be sufficient. Luray caverns use light very efficiently and best showcase the different present elements.

The cave is not so big, but it's well organized. Trails are paved and wheel chair accessible.

Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement


How a column is createdHow a column is created
How a column is created

When stalactite and stalagmite join in time, they create a column




chemical reactionchemical reaction
chemical reaction

You are not allowed to touch structure except there. The contact of so many hands, in time, with human sweat and oil, transform the stone chemically.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb