CAMP CARIBEE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
October 24th 2012
Published: October 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BeforeBeforeBefore

Before shot of the blue with the cracks filled and sanded
Hi again



We are now finishing week number 4 here at camp Caribee, lots has been happening and many of you have seen the pictures now on facebook of the white primed boat. it has been a long week, with all the fairing and sanding and redoing the lines and redoing the tape it has been frustrating and a learning experience, I could say that we are now quite good at preparing hulls for painting. We will add that to our list of skills I guess.

Today I am going to sand one side of the boat and one of the yard boys is going to do the other side, I really am up for the challenge but these guys do this all day long so we will see if my skills will be up to the task. I hope so. We are sanding down the primer with 320 grip sandpaper to make the surface perfect for the awlgrip paint, which we are scheduled to have done tomorrow, very excited and a little nervous that our efforts will not be as good as the professional prep job that we could have paid for. We will see.
after shotafter shotafter shot

notice we had to remove the rear door and tape all the shrouds.... and no more cracks ( for now )

We are still hanging out with the other couple that has been travelling for 8 years, they are super nice and very helpful all the time, lori is going with Kim today to get our anchors regalvanized so lori will have a nice easy day, I am happy with that since she has been working very hard. We have both been working everyday for the last 3 weeks and are a little bit tired, mentally it has been hard, especially having to redo all the cracks in the stern of the boat.

We are getting used to living on the boat even though we are not in the water we still have to make due with a smaller sleeping area, lack of bathroom, doing dishes and monitoring of the batteries all the time. All this is good practice for when we leave. All this is good practice for our new lifestyle. We are both very adaptable and have learned a nice routine, I tend to go to bed at 9 ish when I can and get up early and do research on all the stuff we still have to buy for the boat, you should see how many gazzilion
333

our dinner table ready for company
toilets there are available for sale, its crazy.



Overall our mood is good we are getting along very well, as always, and we never go to bed angry or frustrated with each other. At night we spend time looking at stars and enjoying the beautiful weather and this gorgeous area, so many different birds, I guess you could say Virginia is for lovers.... ( is that phrase already taken? )



I am up early as the lift will be here at 7 and will bring us over to our spot for the next couple days for sanding and shooting the paint, of course we will have another post when all is done with many pictures and more stories from Camp Caribee.

The camp here is beautiful but the day time activities are a little hard on the shoulders and arms... 😊



Talk to you later my friends



M and L


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

44
4

company is here enjoying a famous marty steak.... this is Scott and Kim.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.6kb