Marty's take on things


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

deltaville our start point


111

Waiting for instructions from Lori the Admiral
Hi ,



New experience for us creating a blog, we will try to talk about hardships and solutions to our problems as they come along we want to share with our friends and family. We will be far away but hoping that with this site we will keep you abreast of what is happening in our lives.

I posted the coordinates to where we will be staying for the next month while we finish working on the boat. ( hope it works 😊 )

We are looking at doing this:

1-Painting the topsides ( with Awlgrip ) painting white with blue stripe and 2 boot stripes which will be blue

2- Reinstalling all the thru hulls and rethinking the plumbing

3- Toilet instalation, will have 1 with a holding tank and not sure what to add as the second toilet. either a composting toilet or a direct flush to the ocean or some other variation. we are not sure. if you have any ideas we are listening.

4- electronics, we need a full package of instrumentation. again we are listening to ideas ( cost and energy efficient )

5- battery and electricity consumption update and monitoring system. ( need new batteries and need to figure out the most efficient way to run this boat )

6- the bathrooms need a full juob including a changing all the hardare taps mirrors etc etc, recaulking everything.

7- I am getting depressed hahahaha.



These are among the jobs we need to do, we dont think we will be in the water until early November and will be planning on leaving possibly on the 1st of December.



this is our plan, our plan will change, bottom line is I am with Lori and this is all that really matters in the end



this is about the journey not the destination. Please remember this.





Marty

Advertisement



25th September 2012

Direct Flush
When we were in florida we had a pump out at the dock but quite honestly we tried to avoid storing raw sewage aboard. We were at a Marina and it was only a 40 second walk to the can. Storing and dumping of sewage in US (inland) waters is strict however a mile or so off shore your good to go and by this I mean direct flush. When you get into the Carribean there is no pump out facilities. Dirtect flush is feeding the fish. There is no point in worring about holding tanks unless you are in a tight bay or sensitive area. It's not like your home port back in La belle Provience, in the Caribean you will find that you will be the smallest producer of pollution on the water. The greater polluters are the locals, fishers and commercial vessels. Just make sure no one is swimming next to the boat when yáll flush.
27th September 2012
1

Photo
Hello Marty good start ,but, .. don t forget to have water under the sailboat. All the best in your great adventure.

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb