Jim and Jeff in Danville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Danville
November 9th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I moved to the Washington DC on business for a few years back in the 80s. I have stayed in touch with a few of my favorite people from that time. So, before leaving NYC, I made a trip down to see my good friends Jim and Jeff. They left DC about a decade ago and are currently living in Danville, Virginia.

They gave me a walking tour of Duke University and Danville, and they fed me some spectacular dishes. Jeff is a gourmet cook and both Jim and Jeff are passionate about history, culture, and the fine arts. Their home is a living museum where each original painting, sculpture, Oriental rug, or other artifact was carefully selected and has an accompanying story which they will share if prompted.

One of the best evenings you can possibly spend is pouring a few drinks into Jim and Jeff and listening to the stories of the people they have known over the years while living in DC and traveling. There are hundreds of interesting stories but a few big names come to mind--Elizabeth Taylor, Janet Reno, Justice Ginsburg, Justice Rehnquist, Salvador Dali, etc. etc. etc.

They also treated me to a live broadcast of the Opera from the Met in NYC. If you were not aware, you can see the Met Opera, live, at a theatre near you:

http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/liveinhd/LiveinHD.aspx


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 117; dbt: 0.1612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb