$14 cup of coffee and a slow night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Chapel Hill
July 24th 2007
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have had good luck in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) in the past but this time was different. We had a pretty small turn out, hopefully due to the fact that it was 97 degrees and school was out for summer. It was an early arrival as usual so we found ourselves at a local coffee shop. It was a nice place that brewed your coffee to order using French presses. Brian, like all of us, is used to just ordering coffee by "lightroast" or "darkroast" but here there were tons of specialty coffees. When the barista posed the question 'what can I get you?' the choices were just too many. Brian just asked for the special that was advertised on the sign in the front but was luckily informed that it was a $14 8oz cup of coffee - "the most celebrated cup of coffee in the world". We were definitely curious as to what a $14 cup of coffee taste like but no one took the bait.
At this point we were starting to have tour issues. The promoter in Cedar Rapids Iowa tried to cancel the show and the venue was changing a lot. The whole thing was starting to concern all of us. And then Tulsa...apparently the promoter for this show had to suddenly pack his belongings and move to the Virgin Islands...hmm sounds like someone pissed off their dealer to me. No one knew who was promoting the show or what the hell was going on. He promised Martin that he would have the money to us by the time Martin left the US which is obviously a red flag. Next thing to come up was the Jacksonville show. We have no place to stay there, no catering, and the fee is being eaten up by the club. This is all so glamorous.
I gave an old friend a call. Jake lives outside of Charlottesville VA.. He offered to let us stay at his place which we decided to take him up on. I haven't seen him in about 15 years or so and am looking forward to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb