Planning Makes Perfect


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Ashburn
April 10th 2014
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.0437, -77.4875

Planning for this trip spanned the better part of a year. Just trying to figure out the logistics of where we wanted to visit and how we'd get there was a feat in itself. We knew we wanted to visit Jordan and Israel, though despite the peace treaty between the two countries, it still is not easy to get between the two. Finding flights that were convenient and wouldn't break the bank was a tall order. In the end, we ended up with good flights routing us through Istanbul on the non-stop Turkish Airlines flight from Dulles. For the trip between Amman and Tel Aviv, we had enough miles left over with British Airways that we were able to book award tickets on Royal Jordanian Airlines, which is one of their partners and which operates the only flights between the two countries.

I honestly cannot remember exactly how we arrived upon the decision to visit Jordan before Israel, but that is how it worked out. We knew we'd be in the area over Holy Week, which was all the more reason why we made all of our arrangements so far in advance. As it was, most places filled up months ahead of time, so I was very glad to have everything lined up well, well in advance.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb