From A-town to A-town


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
May 28th 2009
Published: May 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was another one of the big driving days but didn't feel that bad because of the several stops along the way. We left the first A-town, Atlanta, early in the morning and drove through Greenville, South Carolina, where we met up with Megan's uncle who is a chiropractor there. We looked around his office and then left to continue up I-85. The next stop was in Durham where we met up with her friend who goes to Duke. We ate pizza and talked for a long time but then realized we really needed to leave in order to make it up to A-town part deux on time.

We continued up I-85 and got caught in a torrential downpour accompanied by fog in Virginia. But we made it through and then got back on a highly familiar road - I-95. I felt so at home on it. PLUS, we found the last license plate of the license plate game on I-95 (Delaware). Thank goodness they get out a little!

The closer we got to DC the more and more I recognized. Eventually, A-town 2 popped up (that's Arlington, Virginia - thanks Maija for the creative naming!). The house is really cool and under construction, but we're not picky. We really only look for a place to sleep.

I return to New Jersey tomorrow (through rush hour - eek!) and then come back to DC as well. It's strange to realize this whirlwind adventure is coming to a close. Just one more entry until this blog closes down in anticipation of my next fun trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb