Woodstock Vermont


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont
May 23rd 2023
Published: May 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After a few head fakes from Jetblue, we made it to Albany NY. Woke up Sunday to find out our flight was cancelled. Then found out a replacement plane had been found and was on schedule. Got to the airport, and reticketed only to find at the gate it had been rescheduled. After a few more delays, we finally took off 5 hours later.

Spent the night in Albany and drove up to Woodstock. What a different landscape! This isn't Florida or Northern California. The Green Mountains and the restored homes from the 1800s are distinctive of this region. We stayed at Woodstock Inn. If you are interested , they have a tennis program as well as a golf course. As they are available at home as well as we are only staying three days, we bypassed these offerings. We visited Sugarbush farm which is family owned maple syrup and cheese producer. It was a little out in the boonies on several miles of dirt roads. It was eye opener that it takes over 40 gallons of sap to make one gal of syrup. The syrup is harvested during an about 6 week period and then stopped to preserve the tree. Also, the tree has to be 40 years old to be productive!

Visited the Billings farm which is a working dairy farm. The farm had draft horses, chickens, sheep, pigs and goats. Those horses and dairy cows are huge!

Now its on to the big city of Manchester Vt with a population of 5 000.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Woodstock Golf CourseWoodstock Golf Course
Woodstock Golf Course

No retension ponds or Bermuda!
GoatsGoats
Goats

Boy am I hungry!


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb