Salt Lake City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Salt Lake City
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well again the Marquet's are on vacation........first night was spenat in Osoyoos BC which was very nice....Next day we wanted to make it to Fernie BC but made Creston and the transmission stuck into a default gear, we managed to make it to Cranbrook. There is an allison transmission shop there, they tested our transmission and found a bad celaniod....SO next day they install the part and the transmission still isn't working......To save tons of details we decide to go to CAgary or Great Falls Montana where there is a workhorse dealership that can test the whole coach out. Turns out it is the transmission, which they can't seem to locate in the northern hemisphere.

Can you say UHAUL?....3KIDS.....LITTLE JEEP....105 F....... off we go to Yellowstone and leave our coach in Great FAlls so they can look for a new transmission. Yellow stone is wonderful, lots of bison, grizzly bears and of course bubbling mud and geysers. We spent 4 days there and then headed for the Teton National Park, another fabulous place, howver we just took a leisurely drive through stopping for breakfast.

Jackson Hole Wyoming We all drove into town and were drooling over the ski hills, wow is all I can say. The kids were really hoping for snow.....in the town square there is four elk antler arches to walk throught they are really neat to see. Another night at the KOA in a one room cabin, thank goodness for KOA.

CODY Wyoming Yiipppeee...what a neat town, we went to the shootout at the IRMA hotel built by Buffalo Bill for his daughter Irma, they shoot blank ammo but it catches you off guard, packs a wallop of noise, I just about jumped off my seat........Next night we went to the CODY rodeo, what a fun night! Lots of bull riding, barrell racing, and bronc back riding.......we loved it and the tunes were good too!! During the day we went to the Buffalo Bill Historical Museum, now that is one museum worth the breakdown! 2 entire floors of rifles dating as far back as you can guess, I'm sure every rifle, handgun, bayonnett, gun period is there. One wing devoted to Native american culture, again not to be missed, just unreal the aftifacts they have on display. Next is the Buffalo Bill wing, also very impressive. Rod enjoyed the Masonic and Scottish Rite, atifacts on display.


Back to Great FAlls to pick up our coach, finally ready, today we are just going to do laundry and get caught up cleaning kids need a day to swim and hang out. Next morning we are off to Idaho Falls Idaho, that is quite a pull but we did it and pulled in for the night. Today we made Salt Lake City Utah, we took a drive into the city to see the tabernacle, very big accomplishment for 1890 the tabernacle is 9 feet thick granite at the bottom tapering to 6 feet at the top. All the granite was brought in by ox and cart way back then......amazing. There were Mormons on every corner. go figure! So we booted it out of there. Tomorrow we are headed to the arches national park. I'll publish my pictures as soon as I get them on disk.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb