Reflections in Bryce


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
September 9th 2004
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Amphitheatre from WallstreetAmphitheatre from WallstreetAmphitheatre from Wallstreet

Bryce Canyon Amphitheatre from the Wallstreet area near Inspiration Point
After leaving Zion National Park, we arrrived at Bryce Canyon in the afternoon. We quickly found a camping space and set out to explore the park before the sun set. First we walked over to the Amphitheatre at Inspiration Point to check out the amazing views, and then headed down into the Canyon along Wallstreet and Navajo Loop Trail. There is nothing that compares to the view from down inside the canyon among the hoodoos. We were stopping to take pictures every few feet. The colors at that time of day were unbelievable and I am sure the photos don't do them justice.

We traveled the short loop through the canyon and came back up on the Thor's Hammer side. The sun was starting to leave the area so our photo opportunities were fading quickly. Once we got back up to the top, we made haste up the trail along the Amphitheatre to find a geocache and see some of other views of the canyon before it got too dark.

Once it was too dark to enjoy the views any longer, we headed back to the campsite and made a night of it. It was a clear and beautiful
Hoodoos from WallstreetHoodoos from WallstreetHoodoos from Wallstreet

Bryce Canyon Amphitheatre hoodoos from the Wallstreet area.
night and we were sad that our visit to this park was so short. We definitely would like to spend more time here as well. I am sure there is a lot more to see and explore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

WallstreetWallstreet
Wallstreet

Navajo Loop Trail
Tree Growing TallTree Growing Tall
Tree Growing Tall

View from the bottom of Wallstreet looking at a tree growing towards the light.
Thor's HammerThor's Hammer
Thor's Hammer

Thor's Hammer near Navajo Loop Trail


24th August 2006

Spectacular!
I want to visit now more than ever! What beauty and the colors are unreal. Great Photos!!!
25th August 2006

I'm with Ha Ha. You took beautiful pictures. I think I need to be there right now!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb