Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bryce CanyonBryce CanyonBryce Canyon

The view from Sunset Point, up on the canyon rim.
After a long but beautiful drive (11 hours) through Colorado and Utah yesterday, we arrived at the world famous Ruby's Inn just a quarter mile outside Bryce Canyon. The campground is nice and the boys have been on their bikes exploring and looking for license plates from all the states. They are up to 35 states so far!

This morning we took a shuttle up to the park. We made a three mile hike, first along the rim and then down into the canyon. It was absolutely breath-taking! Going back up the side of the canyon was a tough hike but the best part of the trail as it zig-zagged back and forth through a deep ravine in the rock formations. We can't describe how incredible this place is - hopefully our pictures will do it some justice. Here are just a few of the many pictures we took on the hike today.

Tomorrow morning we are going to do some more hiking up at Bryce, and then head to Zion National Park in the afternoon. We will set up camp there and hopefully be able to get back online again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

The boys in front of some "Hoodoo" formations
Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

Hiking below the rim
Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

The boys looking down the trail after climbing up the zig-zagging Navajo Loop.
Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

Back up on the rim at the end of our hike.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb