The Impressive Rock Formations at Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
May 29th 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bryce Canyon's orange cliffs are the first step in a fantastic geological staircase that spills down the Colorado Plateau; Zion stands at the middle part of the staircase and Grand Canyon makes the lowest part of it. What a trio!

The intricate, ornate stone pillars known as hoodoos were left standing in this canyon after ancient rivers continuously removed layers of rock from the Table Cliffs. The famous towers, pinnacles and eerie statues also result from rain and frost erosion acting from the top of the rock. They are just amazing!

Red Rocks Standing Like Men in a Bowl-Shaped Canyon. This is what the Paiute Indians called this place.

Wow! What a spectacular site to rest your eyes on! Somebody remarked back in 1876 that this is "...the wildest and most wonderful scene that the eye of men ever beheld". How can I disagree with that? I enjoyed every minute I've spent admiring the views and hiking among the intricately shaped, vibrantly coloured rock formations. Let's have a toast to it!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

CathedralCathedral
Cathedral

Has this inspired Gaudi in the making of Sagrada Familia?


3rd July 2008

Amazing
Jose, what an amazing place! I am drooling! Keep up the good work!

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb