Turkey Day, Stunning Sunsets and Snowboarding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Brian Head
November 29th 2012
Published: December 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The scenery changes from Los Angeles, Through Vegas, to Utah and now to Brian head were some of the best parts of the trip for me. The road transformed from beautiful red rocks to snow, and gradually we ended up in winder wonderland. (a cow ever crossed our path at one point!)

The timing worked out such that we made it to a look out point near Brian head just as the sun began to set. Brad with his Go Pro and Me with my new Fuji X Pro 1 frantically tried to capture the epicness that was that sunset, while trying to stay as warm as possible. As the sky got dimmer the tempurature dropped, we both had to take car breaks to warm back up and go out for round 2 and 3.

Once the sun had set, we settled into our hotel and awaited the next morning for some long awaited snowboarding.

Happy Thanksgiving! What better way to spend it than on the mountian. Brian head is a very small mountian. When we got there they only had one lift open but we decided to go anyway. One lift turned into two 1/2 way through the day, so it was officially the cheapest I've ever paid for snowboarding.

Overall it was a good time, even though I stayed on the bunny slope most of the time trying not to fall on my butt.

Around sunset we retreated back to the hotel for some much needed hot tub time and then ate a nice Thanksgiving dinner and went to bed full and happy 😊

There are so many other places in Utah we wanted to see, and as always there isn't enough time to see it all.. Camping through the Narrows, Arches, Moab, the Wave, Salt Flats ...you're all on my list for next time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb