Visit with Lee Poe and Sarah Barger


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
September 14th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.5247, -95.6369

This posting was NOT proof-read by Glenn, so please disregard any grammatical mistakes that I have posted.

We had to stop by GraceWorks to see their new building. As we got there, Lee Poe was pulling up. He gave us a tour. Nice place.

I finished writing the postcards for More for Missions. Whew, glad to have that over with.

Then we drove to Van and had lunch with Sarah. Not too often do we have time to visit with her.

We went by CAM center to get the mail and stuff for our upcoming conference at Metropolitan Baptist Church in OKC the end of September.

We drove mom and dad to NBC for Wednesday night dinner. We visited with Joy Baker, Lori Smith, plus we saw other folks.

As we reflect on our travels

From July 6 - Sept 14
Arrived in Dallas at 2:00pm
10,600 miles
40 beds
crossed through 26 states
countless tears as we heard peoples' stories and their struggles.

In conclusion, we are emotional drained from the travels where we intentionally met with old and new friends. We are physically exhausted as we have loaded up the RAV 4 and traveled to the next visit. But more so, we are even more emotionally exhausted and sad
as we spoke with folks who had challenges - challenges from their adult children, to drug abuse, to disappointments with other missionaries, to unwanted pregnancy, to unexpected deaths.

I mean, it was like a two by four hit us up side the head as we saw the "brokenness of the world". We live in a broken and sinful world.

We prayed for "divine appointments" and we saw that over and over again. Even on the last night at NBC, we connected with a new appointee with Camino that is also a DTS student heading to Spain.

As we returned to Dallas, we still have two more weeks of travel. We have a Mission Conference to attend in Oklahoma City, Sept 25-28, so we are going to drive up to Denver Colorado to see Ellen, Luke and the Grandkids before returning back to OKC, then eventually to Guatemala.

I have decided NOT to keep the Travel pod for the next two weeks. I'm tired and need a break.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my journey. And I'll do another one in several more months. I didn't share this blog listing with many people, just a few special friends and family members. I still
had to be sensitive on what I wrote.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb