Day 3 - Southern Hospitality


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
June 10th 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 we headed from Nashville to Dallas. I’m pretty sure that every mile we drove further increased Michael’s sheer joy that we were returning to Texas. We stopped for lunch at a mom and pop type restaurant in Memphis, TN, called The Little Tea Shop which was unbelievable southern home cooking. The lady who owns the joint, Suhair, welcomed us in with a “helloooo darlin’s! welcome! Come in and make yourselves at home!” There’s something about southern hospitality that makes me want to be super nice to everyone at all times. They’re just so darn friendly. We got an absurd spread of fried okra, gumbo, mac and cheese, corn sticks, a shrimp-stuffed avocado, grilled chicken with couscous, and of course sweet tea. It was sooo yummy! Suhair was so nice that when we left at 2pm she was closing up shop and a police officer came in and then left because he realized she was closing, and she ran out to bring him back because “we have to take care of our law enforcement!” what a gem.

We got into Dallas around 9 and just hung out with Mike’s parents for the rest of the night.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb